Thursday, September 8, 2011

What is writing to me?

Fortunately I have enjoyed writing both in Japanese and in English. When it comes to writing about something in English, I still have a lot of problems. English is not my own language. I will be a student of English all my life. My goal is improve the ability of writing at least to the level that native speakers of English could say "Oh, it is written better than an ordinal teens in Canada." I'd like to fill the gap between the expression and the contents, because I have a lot to convey to the world.

I worked as an English teacher at junior high schools in Japan for 34 years. After I retired this March, which was two years earlier than the retirement age (60). I came to Vancouver to  study English to my satisfaction. I had never satisfied myself in my English though I taught my students such a long time. There was something I felt I had not done in my life. 

To improve my writing, I have continued to writing emails to someone almost every day in Japanese or English instead of keeping a diary. What I have sent will be a good record of my precious staying here in Vancouver. I couldn't realize studying abroad in my young days, but now thanks to computers, I am able to realize what I couldn't have done in the past. I am really enjoying looking over the young students who look worried about their job in the future. I've already retired!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this charming self-introduction, Tetsuro! By the way, you already write better than most teens in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good writing, Tetsuro:)
    Yes, it is never too old to study. I like your life attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really intersting
    nice to know this about you and looking forward to read more

    ReplyDelete